Good Evening, Friends!
I hope everyone had a joyous holiday weekend filled with love and laughter.
Tonight, at midnight, #GivingTuesday will begin! Tomorrow, millions of people will take a moment to give back to the world. Please join us in celebrating this day of giving by supporting World U.P.’s mission to promote understanding and peace through the creation of cultural education experiences that are available to everyone and anyone.
One Gift can make a difference and impact the Richmond community and is one step closer to help us reach our goal! Donate on #GivingTuesday!
If you support our cause, but cannot give, please share our donation page and our social media accounts with friends and family!
Understanding & Peace,
As we approach the beginning of the holiday season, I want to share our “Top 5” reasons to support the important work that the World U.P. Foundation is doing. We are thankful for the support we have received and look forward to the work yet still to be done.
On Tuesday November 28th we are participating in #GivingTuesday, which is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
I wanted to share a little more about why you should remember World U.P. Foundation on #GivingTuesday.
While we encourage giving year round, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season and the end of our fundraising year. Having grown in popularity over the last 5 years, I recognize that you will have so many amazing charities to choose from when #GivingTuesday hits. Any donation given to an organization that makes a positive impact on understanding, peace, and diversity is a wonderful contribution! I’ve thought long and hard about what compelling arguments I can make to kindly request you keep the World U.P. Foundation in the forefront of your minds on November 28, 2017. So, here you go!
- World U.P. has a track record of successful community impact. We may be a young organization, but we are dedicated and capable. Within the last 6 months we have launched our two goal programs for this year, Gear U.P. and Food U.P. Through Gear U.P., and in only 3 weeks, we were able to provide 70 families who are served by the Richmond Behavioral Health Authority with back packs and school supplies to send their children to school with tools for educational success. Through Food U.P., we have been able to provide families in Highland Park access to fresh fruits and vegetables in connection with their local food pantry. We not only want to replicate these efforts in the new year, but want to expand these programs to have a larger impact.
- World U.P. is fervently dedicated to using responsible and ethical spending practices. This means that we don’t use money to fund lobbying responsibilities, fund personal endeavors, or to support any activities that do not create a benefit for the communities we are trying to support.
- World U.P. is completely volunteer based. Currently, no one in the organization is monetarily compensated by the organization. Everyone person on our team donates their time and services. Often times, the little things we need to operate (stamps, paper, etc.) are paid for and donated by our team members.
- Our World U.P. Board of Directors are our #1 supporters. Our Board puts their money where their heart is. We don’t just believe in the mission, every Board member is so personally connected to our mission, that they have pledged personal yearly donations and fundraising pledges as well.
- World U.P. believes that our donors are our clients. Our philosophy is that people make personal donations, because of a personal connection to our mission. It’s our responsibility to make sure that the people who believe in us and our mission can see the success their donation has created.
After a week busy with eating, visiting, and shopping…
Tuesday is dedicated to Giving.
We hope you will join us by making a gift to the World U.P. Foundation.
With Understanding & Peace,