Who We Are
A Nonprofit Organization based out of Richmond, Virginia, World U.P. believes in the importance of cross-cultural understanding, but recognize that the experiences that lead to this understanding are not always easily accessible. We strive to bring these learning experiences to anyone and everyone.
The following are the tenets and core ideologies that motivate every actions taken by the World U.P. Foundation:
- Promote understanding and peaceful diversity.
- Remove barriers to create opportunities, access, availability, and inclusivity.
- Create experiences that cultivate knowledge, understanding, conversations, and education.
- Enrich the lives of individuals through betterment, enhancement, and growth.
- Align a united global perspective by changing the conversation from “them” to “us.”
To promote peace diversity and universal understanding through cultural education and experiential learning.
Through cultural exposure and education, a person’s mind grows and thus becomes more flexible to new ideas, foreign cultures, and accepting personal differences without the stigmatization of “the other”.
To create a community that has access to free quality culturally diverse educational opportunities available to everyone.
As an organization, we have taken on 5 initiatives, to work to fulfill our vision of creating community engagement in cultural understanding:
- Arts & Music
- Health & Wellness
- Communication & Languages
- Immersion Travel Experiences
- Community Outreach
We plan on rolling out these initiatives between 2016 – 2019 by creating partnerships with existing organizations, organizing philanthropic events that benefit the community and hosting free cultural educational opportunities that will be open for everyone to attend.